Thursday, May 8, 2008

Reflections from Volunteers

Thank you all. Thank You Lord and Father! What an experience to share and build these homes. May God Bless and be with all of you. The week went too fast and I feel so blessed to have been apart of all this work! I learned from all and can’t wait to come back next year. All my prayers to you all.

Denise Klein
Indianapolis, IN


Hi, my name is Jane Johnson from Paris, IL and I am a member of the First Baptist Church. This is my second year coming to Baton Rouge, Louisiana to help build houses for Habitat. It is a great experience to help build and do something different that you normally don’t do everyday. It’s nice to meet with the families that you are building for and be able to talk with them and meet all kinds of people from different states as well. I try to eat different kids of food also. I think everyone should have the experience of helping to build a house for someone but also it has to be their calling.

Jane Johnson
First Baptist Church, Paris, IL


My name is Brooke Shear and I am from First Baptist Church, Paris, Illinois. This is my first trip to anywhere outside of Illinois. This may be my first trip here but not my first Habitat build. My family are Habitat homeowners. So to come here to this Build is such a blessing to me. It means so much to be able to come to Baton Rouge and give back. To see these families receive their blessings as we have. It’s wonderful to see so many people doing the will of the Lord. All I can say is that this is an AWESOME experience and these families are so very deserving.

Brooke Shear
First Baptist Church, Paris, IL



Baton Rouge was a great experience! The Habitat people were very concerned about getting the job done safely and efficiently. The fellowship and comrade on the site was just awesome. I don't know when I have worked with a group that got along so well. I look forward to doing it again.

Rose Marie Dunn
First Baptist Church of Champaign in Savoy, Illinois

No comments: