Monday, April 28, 2008

Reflections from Volunteers

The joy of being a part of Habitat for Humanity is truly a blessing from God. In the two years that I have volunteered with Habitat for Humanity, my experience has been rewarding & heartfelt. Meeting the families who will become homeowners fills my heart with joy and touches my soul beyond words. For it is truly more blessed to give than to receive.

Joyce & Alice
Bethlehem Baptist Church
Springhouse, PA


Many years ago in Atlanta, Georgia I assisted with Habitat For Humanity in building three homes, so when it was presented to me at my church in Philadelphia, PA to come and assist in building a home I couldn’t resist taking the opportunity to be apart of what I knew would be an AWESOME experience.

This is the first day of the four days we will be here in Baton Rouge, LA. The people have been so nice and the weather is just beautiful.

There is such a sweet spirit in this place. It is a blessing to be here and to be apart of it. As the scripture says…”God loves a cheerful giver”. That is the spirit of those that are here giving in a joyful way as the Lord has lead them each to do with whatever talent they may have.

Joi
Bethlehem Baptist Church
Springhouse, PA

No comments: